Wednesday 1 January 2020

Going For Gold

Starting the year as I mean to go on, this morning I've put the finishing touches to some of pieces from one of the Mantic Terrain Crates I got for Christmas.


This one is, unsurprisingly called 'The Treasury' and contains not only these piles of coins and gems, but also some stacks of chests, heaps of armour, some plinths and even two (count 'em, two!) swords in stones.


There's two of each piece in the set, which handily means I can show you the front and back of each at the same time.


I've tried to add a little variation by mixing up the colours of the gems on each piece, although I may revisit some of these with a few darker colours, as the pastel ones look a bit too much like Lucky Charms. Although this would be a good excuse to paint a leprechaun.


I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with all of this treasure, although I can imagine needing some of it occasionally in Rangers of Shadow Deep. However, I have got an inkling about a board for 7TV: Fantasy when it eventually appears.


So that's me off and running into 2020. I need to build a lead early if I'm going to win this year, as I have some Kickstarters due to deliver in the spring, and I know what I've done with some vouchers over the holiday period...

Acquired: 0
Painted: 8

6 comments:

  1. Nicely done. Does it involve a dragon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a bit of gold and loot, enough to drive most D&D players crazy if it were a representation of the actual stash.
    They certainly come in handy in a number of games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

      Although that's a philosophy that will really wreck my plans.

      Delete
  3. Those are rather good, cracking start to the year.

    ReplyDelete