Thursday 16 March 2023

The Colour Out of Space

This post is nothing to do with H.P. Lovecraft.

Instead, the title is more of a reference to the fact that due to the recent weather, after finishing off the last of the Scourge models I own for Dropzone Commander, I was forced to take photos inside. 


Despite taking all of the following photos within a few minutes of each other, and taking them in exactly the same place, the lighting and colours have behaved really strangely, and so there is a complete lack of consistency.

I can assure you, that all of these models are the same dark red done with Fleshtearer's Red contrast paint.

I'm not sure why there is so much variation in the colours and lighting. I didn't even move while taking them.


Maybe it's because they are aliens.


Anyway, at least it gave me something to talk about here, because these were a quick and dirty job to get something else off the Lead Mountain and it gives me a workable Scourge force to use as I've now painted the whole starter army box.

Will I add to them? I'm not so sure. I prefer my Resistance army, which has more variety and character in the models, and I still have a few things to paint for that too.

Anyway. They're done. Here are the numbers:

Acquired: 26*
Painted:82
Lead Mountain:525*

*Yes, I've spent some money. More on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment