Tuesday, 15 September 2026

A Slightly Thicker Red Line

So, I've painted some more Napoleonic British.

Ten of them to be precise; half of the main unit in my burgeoning Sharp Practice Militia force.

I'd like to stress that these aren't just the same models stood in front of a different backdrop, but are in fact line infantry from the centre company, as opposed to being from the light company.

They do look extremely similar, but there are some key differences.

The plumes on their shakos are red and white, rather than green, and the decoration on their shoulders is a little less fancy (which doesn't really make them that much quicker to paint).

These cosmetic differences are backed by the fact that light companies were sent out to form a skirmish line, whilst centre companies largely didn't do this.

In game terms, the light troops will be functioning as skirmishers, whereas the centre compsny will be in a formed block or line.

Here's what I've got done so far.

I still have another ten Centre Company to paint as well as two officers, which I'm likely to focus on next as a bit of a break before tackling the last batch of recruits.

Acquired: 76
Painted: 155
Lead Mountain: 676

1 comment: