So much so that I've decided to open with a picture of everything I've done so far just to make it clear that this is a different post.
As you can see, I've added another six light infantry, completing one of the units in the Select Embodied Militia Force I'm working towards.
In case you didn't know, the Select Embodied Militia were a full-time and uniformed militia raised in Lower Canada and formed from volunteers and man vlchosen by ballot. They were much better trained than what most think of when the word militia is used and are probably analogous to what we might consider as soldiers doing national service.
There's not much to say about the six I've painted as I've approached them in exactly the same way as the last seven, and I think I managed to do them more quickly (but not by much).
I've now got twenty Line Infantry to do, so I'm tempted to do them in batches of ten now that I've got my process sorted out.
I begin with a Ghoul Grey/Grey Seer undercoat and start by giving all the black and grey sections a coat of Basilicanum Grey contrast paint. I then dry brush the trousers in Administratum Grey as it's the messiest part of the process, before moving up the model from feet to head, starting with the boots.
The black parts get a coat of Black Templar contrast paint as I go, and after I've done Flesh Tearers Red contrast paint on the jacket, I shade the jacket with Agrax Earthshade. I then use Talasaar Blue on the facings before highlighting the jacket in Mephiston Red before doing the many straps in Skull White.
I then move onto the backpack which is done simply in Black Templar, Administratum Grey and Skull White. The skin is Gulliman Flesh highlighted in Kislev Flesh, whilst the plumes on the shakos are Loren Forest washed with Biel-Tan Green. Muskets are Wildwood washed with Nuln Oil (after the metal is done) and the straps (which I realised I'd missed last time) are again Skull white.
Finally I do the metals in Leadbelcher and Retributor Armour, washing them where appropriate, before basing simply with Javis Battlezone Scatter (Fields).
It's quite laborious but I'm currently enjoying the proncess, so I want to strike whilst the iron is hot and get some more done soon.
Acquired: 76
Painted: 145
Lead Mountain: 686
Huge credit to you, these look fabulous. I completely understand the rationale of wanting to keep going now that you have found your rhythm. Keep going.
ReplyDelete