Sunday 8 October 2023

Zomtober: Proper Zombies

 ...well, actually they're 'walkers', apparently.




One of the many reasons I decided to take part in Zomtober again was to make some inroads into the remaining Walking Dead miniatures I have lying around.

Much as The Walking Dead: All Out War is a really good game with a really good miniature line, I fell out of love with the franchise when it became more about people fighting people rather than survival. As such I never really got past wave two of the game and ended up dropping it before Mantic did. 

And so I still have a bunch of wave two miniatures to paint. It's mainly the Greene family and some other notable characters from the series. However, I thought I'd begin with the last few walkers.


This one is actually a named zombie, and the name is Julie.

What do you mean, "who?"

Julie is Tyreese's daughter in the comic and as you can probably guess, doesn't make it. She didn't make it into the TV series either, possibly because of some of the themes surrounding her death being a bit much even for The Walking Dead.


One of the things I really like about the range of zombies for this game is that they are all unique sculpts...except this one.

Mantic had a period of giving out miniatures for this game at events and there were usually only two sculpts available, a male and a female walker.

I've ended up with three of the female zombies and so even though I've made sure they have different skin, hair and clothes, I just need to ensure they never stand together.

The final member of this trip is this gruesome chap. There's not much to say other than I do enjoy slopping the best named paint in the world about: Blood for the Blood God.

I think following this much of my focus for the rest of Zomtober will be on survivors, and given that I've already done dead Julie I think I'll start with Tyreese, Julie and her boyfriend Chris.

Acquired: 83
Painted: 238
Lead Mountain: 447

10 comments:

  1. All good models - and nicely finished as well! Truly scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some gruesome looking zombies

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're looking very good! I like the slightly muted colour scheme you've used: in a big mob they'll look really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The muted tone comes from my tendency to chuck Agrax Earthshade at everything. :)

      Delete
  4. Nicely done Kieran, those Walking Dead models are certainly nice sculpts. I am sure we will see them in Last Days? Another of those Zombie Apoc games I've had on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not looked at Last Days. Is it good?

      Delete