Sunday 1 July 2012

Unsettling Deformities

Three more settlers for Muskets & Tomahawks. I can now work on the basing for the whole lot together.


They're from Redoubt Miniatures and although they are good sculpts and reasonably priced I have criticism. There seem to be an inordinate amount of miscasts in the models. You can possibly see that the woman's hand is a bit deformed; this is because I had to trim it down from a full-on mutation. I've also got another model from the same pack which is missing a foot and several of the models that I painted last month have somewhat deformed faces.  Call me picky but this amount of miscasting is not something that impresses me - it may go against the spirit of cheaphammer but I'm happy that I've paid more for my natives from Crusader and Perry as I have a greater guarantee of quality.

1 comment:

  1. These are looking fantastic. The dirt on the apron looks great. Was it just a mud-wash then white highlight? I might have to get me some to use in my Wild West town as civilians.

    ReplyDelete