Wednesday 12 September 2018

Hitler’s Buzzsaw

Fallschirmjager. Remember them?



After a bit of a flurry earlier in the year, this little project has been on a back burner for a while. However, it’s back with a vengeance, and this time I’ve added some firepower to my small force.



The MMG team is manning an MG42, which was ‘affectionately’ nicknamed Hitler’s Buzzsaw due to the noise that it made, thanks to it’s high rate of fire.

This rate of fire is represented in the rules by German MG teams being just better that those of other nations. As such I’m looking forward to getting this unit on the tabletop.



German LMG teams also get the same bonus as the MMG and so this team will be adding a long range threat to one of my two squads of veterans.

The pose strikes me as a sure fire way to get burst eardrums, however, this isn’t the only sculpt I’ve seen if Fallschirmjager using a squad machine gun like this, and so I’m willing to take it as a thing they did.



These two were in the same pack as the LMG team and are both packing SMGs. They’ll therefore probably end up as NCOs or command models before long.

I had a bit of a job getting the camouflage the same as before as I couldn’t remember the colours I’d used. The newer models seem a bit more yellow, but I think this might be due to the brown and green splodges being further apart, and do it seems to be an optical illusion.



And here’s my ‘army’ in all its glory. However, due to them all being veterans (and me including an air observer) these 19 men are currently worth 500 points.

I’m not sure how effective they’d be though.

9 comments: