Monday 3 July 2023

Scream For Me

I mentioned in a previous post that I was running out of change-based puns, and the same is true of ones related to screaming...for Screamers...get it?

This time I've gone for a deep cut from the first X-Men movie because the others that I thought of would probably bring the wrong sort of traffic to the blog.

Anyway, I've done another Screamer...


Every time Games Workshop release a new edition of a game, it always involves a bit of rejigging for each army I have for the game. Fortunately, for my Tzeentch Daemons, 10th edition simply required the addition of this chap.

The reason for this is that they've simplified the way points work in the game and (for the most part) set costs for units based on the number that come in a typical box, which seems fairly sensible. However, for people like myself who take the opportunity to squeeze extra models out of kits, it presented a tiny issue - namely, I had 8 Screamers and the come in boxes of 3.

Admittedly, you don't have to field units in exactly the numbers listed and I could have still fielded my Screamers as two units of four or a unit of 3 and a unit of 5. However, I would still have had to pay the points for nine.


Therefore, I needed an extra model and the cheapest way to do this was to pick up an old metal sculpt of eBay. The reason it was cheaper was that it came without a tail, however, I still had plastic tails left over from building the others and so it was a simple fix.

I painted the new Screamer exactly the same as I'd done the previous ones, using Caledor Sky, Drakenhof Nightshade and Blue Horror and a series of washes and dry brushes. It was all rather simple.


Here it is next to one of it's plastic brethren and although the model does hold less detail, the most noticeable differences are the fact that the metal sculpt doesn't have eyes and the fact that I've decided to give it pink gums. I think it will fit in perfectly fine.

The only other issue is that due to the fact that it uses an old flying stand peg, it sits a little lower than the rest, but this just means that it will sit alongside them more easily.

My Blood Angels need a little bit of looking at too, however the only necessary change is a weapon swap on the Company Champion in the Command Squad. However, due to the way pints now work, I should also add Hunter Killer missiles to my vehicles and give most of my Death Company Thunder Hammers or Power Fists. However, that might be too much work for a game I only play intermittently. They're not unplayable without those upgrades...they're probably just rubbish.

Acquired: 76
Painted: 185
Lead Mountain: 492

No comments:

Post a Comment