Sunday 25 May 2014

Resistance is NOT futile!

Just a short post to say that I've finally won a game of Attack Wing which didn't involve my opponents softening each other up first.

Admittedly, I wasn't using Dominion ships, I was fielding my new Borg Sphere for the first time against one of Pete's new Species 8472 Bioships. Also, Pete had over-stacked his ship with a couple of inappropriate upgrades to match my points value. But a win is a win and I'm taking it.



As for the Borg, I think they've been designed for bigger games as some of their abilities are really quite scary and I'm pretty sure that my fully loaded Borg Sphere could probably give a fleet including all six of my Dominion ships a run for their money. The lateral movement  of the Sphere is also very powerful.

Giddy with victory I then played a scenario game with my Dominion ships against Wes' Klingons in which I had to protect four orbital platforms against a fleet twice the size of mine. Four turns later, the game was over. Normal service had been resumed... :(

1 comment:

  1. Being a Star Trek fan, I must say I am tempted to play Attack Wing one day. :)

    ReplyDelete