Saturday 14 December 2019

It's In My Nature

I'm a bit cheap.

You may have noticed.

I'm always looking for ways to save a bit of money in this hobby, and use things for more than one project. And so when the fact that Modiphius Games were selling the Fallout starter set at half price on Black Friday, I jumped at it. I'd been looking for some inspiration for post-apocalyptic gaming beyond Mad Max, and this fit the bill. 

The trouble is that the Fallout miniatures are really rather expensive, and so, as is my way, I looked for items in the lead pile that could expand my collection without breaking the bank...


A giant scorpion, or radscorpion in Fallour terms.

This model is from Crooked Dice and I picked it up as part of their Apocalypse Kickstarter earlier in the year.


I've painted it to fit with my giant ants as part of a big bug cast for 7TV, but it's also on the correct base size for Fallout.

Modiphius have actually released the unit cards for their first wave of models as a free pdf, which means I'll have no trouble using this in games.


Ultimately though, a giant scorpion has many potential uses (not quite as many as a giant spider), from ancient mythology to superhero adventures, so I'm sure this will get plenty of use.

It's only one painted, and I've also taken delivery of another miniature for my He-Man project this week, so the gap stays the same. The Fallout box has been wrapped up for Christmas, and so I'm not counting those models as acquired yet.

Painted: 211
Acquired: 207

8 comments:

  1. Looks good Kieron. I like that a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This leaps to mind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoYRkvu_OoU

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJZnVt1KGAo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually the real inspiration for me buying it in the first place.

      Delete
  4. Looks great, realistic even, a fantastic model and excellent brushwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm quite pleased with how it's turned out.

      Delete
  5. The radscorpion looks amazing. Love the paint job too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through my life weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how I could be transformed into a powerful person when I came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete