Saturday 12 October 2019

Zombtober: A Heavy Week

It's been a bit of a long week at work, so I've not got a lot of painting done, but I have managed to meet my Zomtober commitments with this chap...


In my quest to add a bit more variety to my zombie horde, my 'Tank' from last week is now joined by the somewhat politically incorrect 'Bloater', a large zombie that explodes when killed, spraying infected guts everywhere.


The miniature isn't actually a zombie, but a henchman-type from Pulp Figures, but I've felt since I got him as a Secret Santa gift that there's something about the shape of the model that doesn't seem right. However, he's fine as a bloated and distended corpse.

I've held back on the blood as there aren't a lot of places that seemed appropriate for it. I have used some on his arms to disguise a couple of mould lines that I failed to remove properly.

Only one model painted, and two more Quest Minis for my He-Man project arrived in the post, so not a lot of movement in either direction.

Acquired: 178
Painted: 166

14 comments:

  1. Nice repurpose of the Pulp mini. The paint job suits the models new role well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm not sure I would have used the model otherwise.

      Delete
  2. Very nice Kieron! Reminds me a bit of Tor Johnson from those old awful B movies like 'Plan 9 From Outer Space' 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. I'm getting a Matt Lucas (who you might know from Doctor Who) vibe.

      Delete
  3. gotta love big zombies! Nice work on this one. I love the skin tone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's one of the reasons I prefer metal models. The surface actually helps you out.

      Delete
  4. A Zombie Bruiser...oh my! Nice work on him Kieron.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree ... he looks more like a zombie rather than a henchman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. I was at a loss what to do with him until this idea struck me.

      Delete