Saturday, 26 September 2026

Road Rage

We're back on Gorkamorka, and after a frankly bruising first encounter Da Wreckin' Krew decided to change their name thanks to not being very good at wreckin' stuff, and rebranded as Da Dakka Boyz.

Hearing that Da Smashin' Kru were once again in the vicinity scooping up some scrap, Dakkaboss ordered his boyz onto da trukk to go and get those zoggin Gorkers and nick their stuff.

The chase was on.

The first game had seen my boyz take a bit of a mauling and there was already a bit of a gap opening up in terms of mob rating between myself and Matt.

Fortunately, the roll off gave me the choice of which scenario to play. I opted for 'Da Chase' because it meant that I could take advantage of my shootas without fear of too much return fire.

Also, the scenario looked daft, with a rolling road mechanic reminiscent of Mad Max 2 knock off board game Thunder Road, that I owned in my youth.

Despite getting first turn, an immediately failed thrust roll allowed the Gorkers to put some distance between us, but not before I managed to get some hits in on the bike, causing a flesh wound on the biker and damaging his kannons.


This meant that despite Matt's usual proclivity to charge maniacally at the enemy, no matter the game, with four scrap counters loaded on the bike, there was now no reason for it to turn around and it made a beeline for the board edge.

This now left the two trukks exchanging broadsides, with my 'eavy shoota posing a real threat.

However, it was Rivvet, one of my shoota-armed boyz who scored the hit that knocked some scrap off the back of the Gorkers' trukk.


Da Smashin' Kru didn't stop to pick it up and so I dispatched Grot (he doesn't need a name, there's only one of them) to grab the scrap.

He tried is best to keep up, but was left behind in the dust, facing the long walk home.


Meanwhile, this interlude had allowed the biker to get even further away, and it looked like the same was going to be true for the Gorker trukk until I managed to knock another load of scrap off the back, which Matt decided to risk stopping for.

Despite a hail of shells smacking into the ground around the yoof who'd been thrown off to grab it, they managed to haul the scrap back on board, but the gap had closed.


Before the Gorkers escaped, I managed to knock yet another load of scrap off, and this time they didn't st and so I was able to get my grubby mitts on more loot.

With Da Smashin' Kru disappearing off the table I was left with two scrap counters, a bunch of experience and, most importantly, no injuries.

Technically I lost this battle again, due to having fewer scrap counters, but given that there were only seven in play, with four on the bike, when I didn't immediately knock the bike out of action the result was pretty much a formality.

I was a fun game and we laughed a lot.

When it came to the campaign stage, I picked up a bunch of new skills; the highlight being that my Spanner, Trukksmakka, is now a stunt driver, protecting me from spins and swerves.

I had a profitable turn and opted to blow my loot in fitting a wrecking ball to my trukk. Mainly this was because the model has one already, but I'm aware that Matt's mob are significantly more tooled up for fisticuffs, and so the new addition might make him wary about getting too close.

Although it's just as likely to smash up my own trukk.


In other news I've built some thirty year old cardboard terrain from. The Digganob supplement. To give us some more things to drive around.

Putting the wrecked ship together without instructions was a bit of an adventure.

The four tents were much more straightforward and will serve as all sorts of tribal encampments in lots of different games.

I'm actually considering basing these pieces to make them a bit more sturdy as they aren't really models that you can easily disassemble for storage.

However, for now they are least given Da Dakka Boyz somewhere to camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment