Monday, 14 September 2026

Start Your Engines!

A few years ago, I started to paint up my old Gorkamorka gang and Matt and I got a bit excited about playing a few games. And so I went full steam ahead and painted up the full gang, a trukk, a wartrak and a biker. 

Whilst waiting for Matt to catch up, I then painted up a few barrels and scatter terrain. And then another Trukk to potentially start a second gang.

Whilst waiting some more, I painted up a gang of Rebel Grotz, along with cobbling together bits to finiah and incomplete Big Luggage and completely scratch built a Cutta.

And then I waited some more...

Until now!

We finally managed to get a game in, just a mere three years after first discussing it.

In Matt's defence...

...nope, I've got nothing.

Anyway, a quickly put together 'Da Rekkin Krew' which consisted of a Nob, a Spanner, a Slaver, 3 Boyz and a Grot, all piled into a Trukk fitted with an Eavy Shoots. I actually leaned into being shooty, with several of the Boyz armed with Shoots. Obviously, this sort of kunnin thinking makes them Morkers.

Matt brought along Da Smashin Krew (we didn't plan this), a bunch of Gorkers: a Nob, 2 Spanners and 4 Boys ready ding in a Trukk and accompanied by a Bike fitted with twin Kannons. 

Having invested quite heavily in guns, I was delighted to find out that we'd be playing Da Fight, which stayed that no Orks could shoot (my Grot was fine) until they'd been involved in a ram or a boarding action.

Brilliant.

The early turns saw the two trucks jockeying for position and I managed to get several attempted rams in, but the Gorkers kept swerving away. The cowards.

Meanwhile, I was also being tailed by the Bike, which, and I'm a fit of bravado, and in an attempt to break the deadlock, my Nob attempted to leap aboard, but he got thrown off, left behind and Gabe the Biker Cate blanche to open fire on my Trukk.

Oh good.

Fortunately the biker wasn't able to inflict any damage and thanks to a convenient spin, I managed to finally t-bone the Gorkers Trukk, immobilising it and allowing me to unleash my shoots.

However, in the crash, my Eavy Shoota was damaged and it turns out that Orky shootas aren't great at damaging vehicles.

Smashing.

With an immobilised Trukk, there was no reason for the Gorkers to stay aboard and their boss and another boy mobbed my Nob and took him out of action.

Swell.

Hoping to race away from the stranded Gorkers I ended up spinning instead and so took the opportunity to smash into the Bike as well, wrecking it in the process.

Unfortunately, as my shootas were proving less than effective, this left me too close to the Gorkers who swarmed my Trukk and began a series of boarding actions with varying degrees of success.

However, those that did get aboard then proceeded to win every fight, even when I had advantage in the fights, and my numbers began to get whittled down.

Marvellous.

Finally, despite managing to take both vehicles and several Prls put of action, my Morkers bottled it...or should I say, made a kunnin and taktikul retreat.

My Nob was captured, my Grot was killed (never mind) and three of my Boyz were hurt. Matt 'kindly' ransomed my Nob back, and I did pick up several skills, but there's already a 20 point difference in our gang rantings.

Fantastic.

At least we both lived up to our gang names. DA Rekkin Krew wrecked his vehicles and Da Smashin Krew smashed my face in.

Better luck next time. Waaargh, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment