Monday 12 February 2018

He-Month: Surprise Reinforcements

So it turns out I’m not at work today, due to a sudden blanket of snow last night, and that can only mean one thing...

...more He-Month painting!


This time it’s Duncan, a.k.a. Man-at-Arms, the Master of Weapons. I think this might be my favourite sculpt from amongst the Quest Miniatures as it suggests the wrist lasers he used all the time, and has a really characterful face.


One of the reasons I didn’t do him earlier is because I’ve been pondering about his orange armour, considering whether to go with a brass  metallic colour (which I’ve used on his mace). In the end I decided that orange is how I remember him and the Ratskin Flesh paint I use for brickwork isn’t too vibrant and gaudy.

I also tried to give be him the blue helmet the toy had, but combined with orange, green and red it was all a bit too much and so I settled on silver, which combined with a couple of silver details on his armour lends him a bit more of a mechanical look.



Having painted Man-at-Arms, I can’t shake the feeling that he looks like a Bloodbowl player, and so don’t be too surprised if you see a team appear in these colours.

I am on the lookout for suitable models to use as the Eternian Royal Guard, and so this paint scheme may get rolled out quite a bit if I can find some.

I’m now staring down the barrel of running out of miniatures. I either need to leave Beast Man alone for a few days, or get planning and scheming...

...ah well, planning and scheming it is!

10 comments:

  1. Man at arms looks great and was one of my favourites from back in the day.

    It has certainly got your loins stirred for He Man this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steady...no loin stirring on this page thank you. Keep it family friendly. :)

      Delete
  2. Excellent work on Man-At-Arms Kieron. :)

    You have certainly progressed through them quickly so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do a lot of the work themselves. Well sculpted, simply designed miniatures. Just a shame I don’t have more...yet...

      Delete
  3. Smashing painting, he looks just the business, nicely painted :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another corker! The orange colouring was the right call

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was nervous about the orange, but it’s worked out.

      Delete