Thursday 22 August 2019

It's All Kicking Off

Every so often I paint something that has nothing to do with any of the many many many projects I have on the go.

This is one of those times.

I present Alpha Male from Kitbash Games new Supers Unlimited range.


When I first recieved this as a gift from Leon, the CEO, Generalissimo and Overlord in Chief of Kitbash Games, the pose struck me as somewhat familiar and I was reminded of hungover Sunday mornings watching WCW Raw. In particular, I was reminded of this guy, the late 'Ravishing' Rick Rude.


I was not especially a wrestling fan, but I do remember watching every week as Rick strode out to fight yet another nobody, insult the audience, claim to be the world's sexiest man (even with that mullet) and then flatten the nobody with his signature move, the 'Rude Awakening'.

Given the pose and the moniker Alpha Male, I can only assume that Rick Rude was somewhere in the sculptor's mind when creating this miniature.


I've no specific plans for him other than the fact that he joins my burgeoning collection of Kitbash Miniatures, along with Doc Cosmos and Tox. These characters exist in the Supers Unlimited game which is due for release at some point, but the characters will also receive profiles for both Super Mission Force (which I play) and Pulp City, so there are plenty of ways to use them.


If you want to get your hands on some of these miniatures, Kitbash are launching with a Kickstarter that begins today. The range is incredibly eclectic, and despite the focus on supers there are miniatures that will fit in a wide range of projects. I've already earmarked models from the range to use in my Masters of the Universe, 7TV and Marvel projects.

Shameless promotions over Alpha Male is also another point on the 2019 painted pile.

Acquired: 158
Painted: 122

4 comments:

  1. this is great, saw the picture on the link on FB and first thing i thought was Rick Rude. clicked on the link and saw his pic. awesome job mate!! i was a die-hard wrestling fan growing up. seeing stuff like this, makes me wanna customize characters for Rumbleslam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. He's got Hulk Hogan's moustache and so I was briefly tempted to do him as Thunderlips in Rocky 3, however the pose is 100% Rick Rude.

      Delete
  2. Not my thing gaming wise, but the sculpts are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supers gaming, especially outside the realms of Marvel and DC, is fairly niche.

      Delete