Friday 22 April 2022

Changing It Up

The one thing my Daemons of Tzeentch are not short of is character models, and so I've added another one.


This is a Changecaster, a Herald of Tzeentch, which uses the same model as my Fluxmaster, except he's on foot (well, on magical flames, but you get my point).

The Burning Chariot kit comes with a range of arm, head and weapon options for your Herald to allow for a nit of customisation. I opted for the weird grinning moon head to ensure that I'd be able to pick him out amongst the sea of Pink Horrors that my army is looking like it will consist of.


There's nothing massively special to report about this model apart from the fact that I had a go at doing more stages of highlighting on the robe than I usually would.

A base coat of Caledor Sky followed by a wash of Drakenhof Nightshade was highlighted with a sequence of Caledor Sky, Lothern Blue and Blue Horror, with not an ounce of drybrushing in sight.

I've never been one for multiple steps of highlighting as I find it a chore, and washes and contrast render it unnecessary for most tabletop miniatures that are meant to be see from three feet away.


However, I was prompted to have a practice of something I dont usually do by the Hobby Bingo card and I'm actually quite pleased with the result, which pops enough to help him stand out a bit more.

I'm not sure it's something I'll ever do on a more regular basis, as im a lazy painter, but for character models I might start going the extra mile.

You might have noticed that the number of miniatures acquired has gone up a fair bit. I've just had a birthday and therefore purchases were made. That number is due to rise further as I've not finished spending yet.

I'd better get painting.

Acquired: 63
Painted: 73

No comments:

Post a Comment