Monday 18 April 2022

Flame War!

Whilst getting my backside handed to me the other day, one of the few units that performed exactly as hoped were my three Flamers. 

Therefore, I've followed the ancient 40k motto: "If something works, spam it," and painted some more.


I think I've said before that I don't like painting these models, and that's not changed.

Not only do I not like the paint scheme I originally went for (which is my own fault), but I also find the models lack personality. This might be about all the emerging faces, but compared to the other models in the Start Collecting box, I find the details really shallow.


Anyhow, I now have six. It's not exactly game changing, but after three of them deleted a mortar unit, I think six might have a chance of doing something similar to a larger or slightly tougher unit.

Admittedly, this won't fix any of the other failings in my game, especially as both of Pete's armies (Space Wolves and Imperial Guard) got a boost in the rules this week, when Daemons were overlooked entirely.

Ah well...it's only a game, after all.


I've now almost finished the models I have for this army, with just three Screamers, a Changecaster and three Blue Horrors (which I have a plan for) to do.

I have a birthday coming up though, so reinforcements might be incoming.

Acquired: 48
Painted: 72

No comments:

Post a Comment