Monday 8 May 2023

Ninetacles

Tentacles. Nine of them.


These were printed for me by Matt, as we're reached the gates of Moria in the Quest of the Ringbearer campaign and these will be representing the Watcher in the Water.

They'll also, as you can see, be a nice addition as terrain for games of Carnevale. I'm amused by the idea of characters leaping across tentacles in the canal like James Bond does with alligators in Live and Let Die.

I did nothing special with painting these: base coat, wash and then highlight on the suckers. I've done the bases with green wash over white so that they fit with the Carnevale water tiles.

I did the water on the bases by using tissue paper and PVA. I'm quite happy with how this somewhat low tech effect has worked out.


I still need to do a head/body for the Watcher in the Water somehow, but I'm working on that.

As they're all individually based, these obviously count as separate models, which helps counteract that I can't help myself when I see a magazine with 'free' miniatures on the front. This time it was three Wargames Atlantic horses on the front of Miniature Wargames magazine.

Acquired: 69
Painted: 167
Lead Mountain: 501

No comments:

Post a Comment