Saturday 26 October 2024

It's Scum To This

Whilst I've been making a brief visit to Necromunda, I decided to increase my in game options by painting up two Underhive Scum that habe made their way back into my possession after many years spent selling their services to my friends.


In case you didn't know, Underhive Scum are Hired Guns that can be recruited into gangs at a cost. The advantage of them is that they bring in expertise as they start with upgrades and skills and so can be quite deadly.

On the other hand, in addition to their fairly hefty price tag, those abilities and skills are randomly rolled and they don't gain experience, and so never improve.

Scummers come armed with pistol weapons, such as the two bolt pistols above, and clearly lean into a western gunfighter theme.

As such for this model, I leaned into the muted colours and earthy tones of someone who travels from places to place, with the exception of a red neckerchief for a dash of vibrancy.


In general, he was done with contrast paints and there's no getting round how much I wish these had been a thing when I was first collecting.

The coat took a bit of dry-brushing followed by a wash. There are parts that I didn't get quite right and have come out a touch blotchy. However, to my eyes it gives the effect of standing and marks on well-worn clothing, so I'm happy.


The second model has the slightly odd combination of a bolt pistol and a hand flamer, leading to the possibility that he gets shooting skills he can't really use due to the fact that the flamer automatically hits.

When it came to painting, I initially went for a more military vibe, but as I began highlighting the green it started to look more like piping. Combined with the pointy beard, this lends him an almost Elizabethan look, which I like.


All in all, I'm really pleased with these two and I'm looking forward to finding space for them in my gangs and then regretting the decision when I roll badly for their abilities and they become a significant drain on my finances.

Ah, fun times in the Underhive...

Acquired: -61
Painted: 348
Lead Mountain: 654

No comments:

Post a Comment