Saturday 17 July 2021

You have the right to remain silent.

This week I've returned to painting up my Lurkers of the Deep Kickstarter pledge in the form of the police who will be raiding Dr Fiske's facility in Marshport in the first scenario.


According to the scenario instructions, the heroic cast for this episode includes:
  • Detective Maguire,
  • Detective Grant,
  • Police Sergeant,
  • 5 Beat Cops.
By my reckoning I'm now two cops short, so I might see if I can swap out some profiles for something equally suitable or draft in some of the GCPD from my Batman collection.


The four Government Agents were part of my Kickstarter pledge and can play multiple roles in my games: police, FBI, spies, gangsters, which was one of the reasons I went for this pledge.

I decided to not go for a uniform 'men in black' look because I wanted them to be identifiable as Stars and Co-Stars, or as heroes and villains.


My favourite of the four is this guy, who is likely to be cast as Detective Maguire in the scenario. He has the dapper charm of a film star pretending to be a cop.

He ended up with a moustache because I got far too much paint on his face and buggered up his mouth.


This shifty looking chap has something a touch villainous about him and so has the potential to be cast as a spy, so much so that I've painted him up as Soviet agent O'Connor from Freedom Force.


O'Connor was a mole on the Manhattan Project, and was responsible for the creation of the central hero, Minuteman. As such he is the tutorial villain and makes a suitable first minion for Nuclear Winter, who he was working for in the game.


I took some fairly obvious inspiration from The Blues Brothers for this guy. I can see him doubling up as a gangster quite easily.


The final Agent reflects Crooked Dice's continued commitment to include more female miniatures in their range. Admittedly, there would have been no female agents in the thirties, but there were also no fishmen lurking in the shallows of the New England coastline, so I think our imaginations can cope.


The Beat Cops are from Westwind Games and I've had them for quite a few years. I took the opportunity to rebase then to match my 7TV collection, but didn't worry about any repainting beyond fixing some areas where paint had chipped.

I know the uniforms aren't right for the time period, but I refer you to my earlier point about female agents and fishmen.

These four will also see service in superhero games of all flavours.

I'm not going to count the cops on my tally, as I only did the bases, and I also received three new miniatures from Kitbash Games which means that progress on the leadpile is somewhat limited.

Acquired: 108
Painted: 112

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff Kieron! This is the first time I've seen these painted up and they look great - look to be perfect for my Chicago Way game... 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really nice sculpts. Well worth getting.

      Delete